Tuesday 14 October 2008

Comrade Mary's stunt outside Royal Courts of Justice


Comrade Mary's stunt, originally uploaded by solomonsmfield.

After seeing this article in the financial section of the Guardian we students got a gentle poke to remind us how it's done!! Protesting outside the Royal Courts of Justice against the rise in energy bills, Mary received a mass of media attention.

We had to come up with something similar (but not as good) but forgot to take photo's.

Thanks Mary, and well bloody done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aaaahhh - I love Mary with all my heart - a true revolutionary she is and an unwavering one for that matter! She is one of the few SWP comrades who stood by me in the 5 years when I was falling through an abyss.She understood me when no one wanted to understand me coz they, in their intellectual minds had concluded that I was mad. Little did they realise that, like Mary, I am one of the few sane people who hate injustice, lies and greed with passion and will go insane in my fight against the perpetrators! That is what I mean when I say, "Let your Ye be Ye and your Ney be Ney when dealing with people like me and Mary if you want to be spared our insanity."

Pensioners, elderly people the majority of them worked all through out their lives are now reduced to begging, dying from cold and hunger in a world of plenty. All because the system that govern us is based on greed, lies and injustice.
Cheers to you Mary and I hope you come down my house again for a glass of wine! You are a smashing woman!