As you are all aware, SOAS SWSS has been heavily involved in the planning at SOAS to campaign against Israel's illegal invasion of Gaza. Over 150 soas students went on the brilliant demo this weekend BUT we need to keep this up, get our message out and radicalise more students.
Action for Gaza.
EVERY day in JCR we are showing Al-Jazeera LIVE at 5.
1) Tonight, 5.30pm in KLT an Israeli Lecturer is speaking. I have had Newsnight asking me if they can film this and ask students some questions on what the British Government should be doing ie have we learnt from 7/7 bombings and what do we think the ramifications will be if GB does not speak out. CLARIFICATION: The Israeli lecturer, Yousefa Livitsky, is speaking out AGAINST the atrocious attacks on Gaza. Some idiot Zionists who have commented below automatically presumed that i meant we were trying to boycott her event and have called me 'fascist'!!
Have you ever heard about freedom of speech?
If anyone wants to do lectures on Tel Aviv, let 'em. If anyone wants to do lectures on Gaza, let 'em. There are two sides to each story, let them be heard.
Your opinion on that is secondary.
You are equally fascist as those that you are trying to boycott.
2) Paper sale. Tuesdayy 12.,30pm on steps. We may do it inside if it is freezing. Please meet us or pop along when your class has finished.
3) UGM. We have two HARD motions submitted and will possibly be calling for further action. This is very important for you to be at.
4) Meeting - The Myths of Zionism
6pm JCR. With John Rose author of book of same title. Please turn up at 5pm to discuss further plans
5) Stop the War fundraiser on Friday night. Rebetiko band. All funds to Gaza. More details of this soon.
Please cal or text me if you need any more info.
Speak soon comrades, in solidarity.