Friday 26 June 2009

State the bleeding obvious


I know it looks like a razor but this lovely, ergonomically designed state-of-the-art piece of equipment is actually a vegetable peeler. Mind you, either one could be potentially fatal if used incorrectly so I am so thankful to the kind manufacturers for warning us of any impeding danger.

On a more serious (no really) note, I actually want to recommend this lovely friendly item.

When I worked in restaurant kitchens I actually really enjoyed peeling carrots-i can speedpeel which made me VERY popular! But the trouble with most peelers is that they are only designed for use in one direction only. This one, however, clever little thing, has a swivel head for use left handed, right handed, and either horizontally or vertically (i personally prefer the blade the other way round to in this photo-it makes it easier to peel quickly).

And the blade is made from non-rusting silicon so will not blunt and hence last for years .

Great, fab...

So, hope you are all now inspired to rush out and buy this beautiful thing.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Where can these things be purchased from? I have zero luck with veg peelers for some reason and am always skinning my fingers on the damn things.

Solomon's Mindfield said...

ha ha, I bought it from Sainsbury's in Vauxhall. I'm sure others will sell it too. I can't remember the make.

Glad to be of help - good luck. You will still need to be 'cautious' though!

Solomon's Mindfield said...

just noticed the label on said item-JML. Which means you could probably also get it from Robert Dyas.

Happy peeling.x